I’ve been browsing a lot of tech sites recently and I came across some gadgets that I’ll be on the lookout for this year and want to share with you as well. This is a composite list of items that have come out in late 2011 and some that will be released in 2012 later.
(1) Playstation 4- finally! It’s only been 6 yrs, but then again how much more can they change on this device. It’s already cool enough. I’ve been sold on the Sony game systems for years, as devoted as I’ve been I’ll definitely have one of these devices as soon as it releases. The specs that I read about didn’t reveal any information except that Sony is hard at work. Hopefully this will be available by Christmas.
Catch the remaining items after the jump…
(2) Asus Padfone- I’m not a fan of big or wide cellphones. I believe cellphones should stay the small size and focus on the main purpose of making calls and connecting you to your loved ones. This phone allows you to go above and beyond, it isn’t that much different from the iPhone but it’s supposedly a mini tablet as well O_o who kn
ew?! I can’t say that I’m anxious, but this will be one of the things I check out at the next Tech Trade Show in Nevada.
(3) PCs with Thunderbolt ports- Thunderbolts are a thing of the future. Hopefully this will not fizzle like the Ethernet ports for fast connectivity. This technology which is now used on the Mac but not really advertised allows you to transfer files at a very fast rate. Let’s say it takes 2 – 3 minutes to transfer a 700 mb movie via USB, now you are looking at transferring in seconds. The fact that PC is offering this shows how widespread this technology will be in the coming months.
(4) Windows 8 tablet- I don’t usually follow Windows ( a member of the iLife) but check out this new tablet which will pay homage to the new operating system. This should be fun and complicated.
(5) PC Laptops as thin as the MacBook and MacBook Air- I’ve been waiting to see how long it would take PCs to catch up with redesigning their laptops to be as thin as their competition. All I can say is finally. I was really starting to wonder how long they thought the Tablet PCs would last. This is good news. I’m sure they know everyone isn’t a fan of Mac and would like to enjoy the perks of having a compact, fast, efficient machine handy at all times.
(6) Design of iPhone 5- I’m sure I am and most if not all iPhone users are eager to see what’s new with the 5. Other than the redesign of this phone which gets more sleek and thinner each year, this phone will offer the same perks as the iPad 3. It will have the LTE/4G processor, and a wider screen. Not a whole lot different but that processor really makes a difference.
(7) Design of Blackberry and new operating system- will be running QNX which is a new operating system that is currently ran on the Blackberry Playbook. The con of this is that they haven’t configured how Blackberry Messenger (BBM) will work with this OS. It’s good news to finally see that Blackberry is trying to get back in the mobile race. I do hope they figure out the BBM issue soon. That’s one of the best features the device has to offer.
I know this list is a bit random but hey the most random of thoughts could be information that you want shared. I’m sure I’m not the only one interested in the Playstation 4, or thunderbolt ports.