Generation Y makes yet another statement. It’s almost the next trend, there’s a social status that comes with not just owning a business but making a difference in the world. To stand out… To shake shit up…to not be traditional and do things as they have always been done. This list of entrepreneurs have been sponsored by Black Enterprises BE100 list, and other magazines and corporations. Bottom line, if you are at all concerned about the movers and shakers, check out the list below.
1. Bertrand Gervais (@bertgervais)- Professional Speaker and Best Selling Author. He is known as the Mentor Guy. He is also an entrepreneur and has accomplished the aforementioned before the age of 25. Impressive.
2. Arielle Patrice Scott (@ariellescott)- This young lady has her hands in many projects. She is the founder of InternshipIn, which is a company that was responsible for mapping college students with startup companies. Of course you see the zeal in that. She is also the founder of GenJuice which is a community that offers influential advice about How-To’s, business advice, and information about the latest conferences in different areas. I think I may have to connect with this young lady . Definitely check her out.
3. Jason Panda and Ashanti Johnson (@bcondoms)- These two guys linked together after finishing college at Morehouse to launch bCondoms. It’s a prophylactic condom brand that focuses on sexual satisfaction and health and safety.
4. Jessica Truesdale (@imjtruesdale)- Spelman Grad recently launched True You Cosmetics which is a cosmetic company specializing in lip and skin care. Ms. Truesdale is already talking about expanding. I guess revenues have been more than sustainable. Nice!
5. Amos Winbush III (@cybersynchs)- Mr. Winbush launched CyberSynchs. This is a company that allows mobile devices to sync to computers. This business evolved as the smartphones evolved. He made it just in time. Congrats sir.
6. Monique Pean (@monique_pean)- Ms. Pean is known for her stylish jewelry. She has been featured in several magazine and has received notable Fashion Awards such as the Vogue Fashion Fund Award. Even First Lady, Michelle Obama has been seen rocking Ms. Pean’s fashion items.
7. Natalia Allen (@nataliaallen)- Founder of Design Futurist. This is a company that seems to be a consultant firm that helps build better business models and product development for the fashion industry and economy. She has worked with clients such as DKNY, P&G, Quick Silver and Calvin Klein.
8. H. Ginger Johnson & Sara ‘Liz’ Pickett (@gingerandliz)- These lovely young ladies launched their company, Ginger and Liz Colour Collection. This is a vegan free and toxin free nail polish that is offered in cities as Washington DC, Atlanta, and New York.
9. Darnell Henderson (@HIMistry)- Owner of HIMisty saw that there was a market for Men’s skincare products and took advantage. This line includes products such as cleansers, creams and toners. For the guys, check out this line, it may have been what you were missing.
10. Farrah Gray (@realfarrahgray)- Farrah Gray has been a budding entrepreneur since the tender age of 6. He is the CEO of Farrah Gray Publishing and has launched several small businesses and social enterprises.
11. Johnica Reed (@johnicareed)- She is the vice president of Buzz Marketing Group. She has been afforded the opportunity to travel the world and link consumers with luxury brands. There is power in networking, and in this case, business.
12. Ariana Pierce (@aritheheiress)- Ariana is the owner of Superstar Nail Lacquer. This polish is special because it dries very fast. It has many different colors that are offered. This product was discovered while Ariana was leaving the nail shop and realized she needed a polish that would need to dry quicker in order to get to class on time.
It’s amazing where all these ideas come from. Stay refreshed!